Friday

THE MORNING LIGHT

I remember this summer  how lucky i was to spend some time in Ibiza with one of the most important fashion photographers of all times Sante D'Orazio.
He showed me the importance of the light, and how a single photo taken from different angles can be so different. I spent three days taking the same picture at different times of the day and it's amazing how this helped me to understand that the light in photography is so important. The light is everything.


He also explained to me that a warm light looks good in the features of a woman,  while a man is better in a stronger light. Those days I shared with him were a unique teaching. He also told me interesting stories about Andy Warhol as he worked for him in the 80's and what he  thought about one of my favourite painters , Basquiat.
I also managed to interview him for an article which was  published on cover of Vogue.es.
  You can still read the interview by clicking here.


And here are some photos with that special glow,  the morning light.




Clothes, blouse Topshop, hat from Winter Wonderland stalls in London, skirt vintage and necklace from my collection Alice in Wonderland Caterpillar.

Photobucket







Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket




Photobucket










Photobucket




Photobucket







Photobucket




Recuerdo este verano la suerte que tuve de pasar unos días en Ibiza con uno de los mejores fotógrafos de todos los tiempos, Sante D'orazio , y lo que me enseñó sobre fotografía.
Pero lo que más insistió es en la importancia de la luz, y cómo una misma foto tomada desde diferentes ángulos puede ser tan diferente. Estuve tres días haciendo la misma foto en diferentes horas diarias y es increíble lo que me ayudó a entender que
la luz lo es todo.
También me explicó una luz cálida en mujer suaviza los rasgos,  mientras que en el hombre es mejor una luz más fuerte.  Esos días que compartí con él los recuerdo como una enseñanza única. Me contó también anécdotas de Andy Warhol cuando trabajaba para él y lo que pensaba de uno de mis pintores preferidos Basquiat.
Además le hice una entrevista muy interesante para un artículo que fue portada de Vogue.es y que todavía podéis leer pinchando aquí.

Y aquí tenéis algunas fotos con esa luz cálida, especial, y mi preferida, la luz de la mañana.



En las fotos de arriba llevo blusa de Topshop, gorro de mercadillo de Winter Wonderland en Londres. Falda de tablas vintage, y collar de mi colección Alice in Wonderland Caterpillar que podeis comprar pinchando aquí.




_MG_1221Sante D'orazio and me in Rosauro Varo's villa in Ibiza , 2010.


All photos © Patricia Nicolás