Monday

OSBORNE COLLABORATION


Hello Toro Osborne!
Goodbye Leo…

Patricia Nicolás Collaboration 2014 





The release of my collaboration with Toro Osborne is finally here. It's something I'm super excited about because it's a highly recognised Spanish icon in the world, but primarily because of what it means to me. To me, it is a symbol of the country I learnt to ride my bike and had my first heart break, even though I was just 11. I now understand, that my relationship with Leonardo DiCaprio wasn't real. Today however, it does not only represent childhood and heritage for me, but also rejuvenation. Toro Osborne has given me the opportunity to collaborate in making jewellery for their rejuvenation project. I have created a mouth, eye and ear all with the toro at the centre of each piece. This is to represent it's central placement in my society and developing as time goes on. It features the central senses focusing on the company in a natural, and beautiful process. Even though Leonardo DiCaprio and I grew apart, I will never grow apart from Toro Osborne.   


………………………………...
El lanzamiento de mi colaboración con Toro de Osborne ya está aquí. Estoy muy contenta de colaborar con esta gran marca española  altamente reconocida en el mundo, y sobre todo por lo que significa para mí, la vuelta a mi casa ! Porque para mí Osborne es un símbolo del país donde he nacido, de mi hogar, de mi España, la ciudad donde me crié, y donde he aprendido a montar en bicicleta :)  y cuando llevas tanto tiempo fuera de tu país te acuerdas y le das mucho valor.  Pero en estos momentos Osborne no solo representa mi infancia sino la oportunidad que detenido de desarrollar otra vez mi faceta de diseñadora creando piezas de joyería para un desfile y para venta en sus tiendas. De esta forma Osborne quiere mostrar el arte de diseñadores españoles y   la vanguardia de una gran marca marcada por la tradición.
He creado dos collares, de boca y de ojos y unos pendientes, y todos con el toro en el centro de cada pieza. Esto lo hice para marcar el toro como centro en la sociedad española. El toro que lo ve todo, que lo escucha todo y que esta en boca de todos...








EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE EVENT: Toro Osborne is donating TWO TICKETS to the exclusive, private, launch party featuring Patricia Nicolas. To apply for these tickets, go to their facebook page, and in the comment section note down your name, and the name of your plus one.
SAVE THE DATE: MADRID, NOVEMBER 27, 2014.